Too Much Worrying, Too Little Action? September 25, 2006Posted by sharynheili in Uncategorized.
Deadly Dozen Worries for Libraries
- Is technological change an opportunity or a threat?
- Cooperation and Collaboration requires standards and regulation: Which ones do we choose?
- •How do we address the changing landscape of competition and co-opetition?
- •How do we deal with the changing learning space?
- •How do address that swirling soup that is the changing demographics of our users?
- •Can we sustain the profession of Librarianship?
- •How do we deal with the changing vendor landscape?
- •How do we brand, market and sell the Library and its great services and collections?
- •How do we energize the entire sector and avoid polarization: smokestacks and islands?
- •Can we really sustain advocacy for libraries?
- •Where will we find new Leadership? •Who is in charge of the Vision?
Source: Stephen Abram’s presentation, Finding the Future: Library 2.0, for South Carolina State Library Technology Day. View the complete presentation here.