Creating Change–Creating a Library 2.0 October 19, 2006Posted by sharynheili in Uncategorized.
What can librarians do now to create change in their organizations? Michael Stephens post at ALA TechSource gives us some excellent suggestions.
- Create a Culture of Trust–trust the staff to go forth and interact with users
- Adopt a 2.0 Philosophy–participatory, playful, open, transparent. Create teams and let staff play and experiment with new technology. Build new collaborative spaces–podcast studio, video bay, relaxing space to sip coffee and talk.
- Dream and Innovate–create and share and breathe
- Break Down Barriers–revisit policies, get rid of “sacred cows”; don’t be afraid.
- Encourage the Heart–make a personal, emotional connection with your users; be human, share yourself; look at your library’s ambience–what is it saying to your users?
Go forth and create change–create a Library 2.0!