What’s In a Name? Everything! January 30, 2007Posted by sharynheili in Uncategorized.
Are there other names for our profession that are “sexier” or more exciting than “Librarian”? You decide. Here are some suggestions from David Rothman’s poll.
2. Information Alchemist
3. Indagatrix (Latin, f. investigator, explorer)
5. Imperious Knight of the High Knowledge
6. Information Goddess (/God)
7. Knowledge Hacker
8. BookWench (/BookWretch)
9. Faithful of Wiborada (the librarian)
10. Circle of Wiborada (librarians) (Wiborada is the patron saint of the librarians.)
11. Chosen of the Information Matrix
13. Information Guru (via Stephen Abram)
Sharyn, a Librarian