Best Marketing and Branding Colors May 20, 2007Posted by sharynheili in Uncategorized.
As many libraries are “reinventing” their physical spaces, this article about the power of color for business by Jim Howard, Heather Kirk and Chris Howard, authors of the book Branded for Success might help. Here’s an abbreviated list:
- White – innocence, purity, peace and contentment; clean and sterile; cool and refreshing; calming, stabilizing influence.
- Black – power color– strength, potency, authority, boldness, seriousness, stability and elegance; “too much can be ominous”.
- Gray or Silver – conservative, traditional; symbolizes high tech and suggests authority, practicality, earnestness and creativity.
- Gold – wealth; very classy.
- Blue – sanctuary and fiscal responsibility; inspires confidence; second most powerful color.
- Red – stimulates appetites, commands attention; “symbolizes heat, fire, blood, love, warmth, power, excitement, energy, strength, passion, vitality, risk, danger and aggressiveness”.
- Yellow – spiritual color; warning, happiness and warmth.
- Green – color of money and nature.; calming,
- Brown – nature and the earth; warmth and coziness; richness, politeness, helpfulness; solid, credible, mature and reliable.
- Orange – vibrancy, warmth and contentment; sense of fun and excitement; health, pleasure, cheer, endurance, generosity and ambition.
- Pink – feminine color; gentleness, romance, well being and innocence.
- Purple – royalty and luxury; spirituality and sophistication; in lavender shades-feminine and romantic.
Read the complete article at “Expert Business Source“.